LED lights are the latest in lighting technology so we've been super busy replacing halogen and standard lights with LED lights. So what are the benefits?
- LED lights are environmentally friendly. They don't contain mercury or any other harmful gases and they produce close to no UV emissions.
- LED lights are safe. Because they operate at a low voltage, they're cool to touch. They can even be exposed to rain and snow.
- LED lights are energy efficient. They provide up to 85% of the light output and use only 15% of the energy compared to a standard halogen.
- LED lights are durable. There's less risk of them breaking and needing to be replaced due to them not having filaments.
- LED lights can fit into small and hard to reach places as they can be as small as 2mm.
- LED lights can last up to 8-10 times longer than standard halogen lights. They have a life span of up to 80,000 hours.
- LED lights are fast switching. When you turn them on, they'll start at full brightness. Standard fluorescent lights flicker or fade in and out. LED lights can be dimmed and can be used to achieve fantastic lighting effects. They can also be switched on and off frequently without the LED's light emission or lifetime being affected.
Here are some photos of a recent job completed by Power Source Electrics in Baulkham Hills, Sydney.