Did you know that appliances can account for up to 30% of your home energy use? This is why choosing the right appliance can drastically reduce your electricity bills.
An energy star rated appliance has the energy star symbol. It's a government-backed symbol which helps consumers identify and buy energy-efficient appliances. Energy star rated appliances are usually 10-20 percent more energy efficient than non-star rated appliances. Consumers will not only save money but also help protect the environment.
Tips of buying and using home appliances
- When looking at purchasing a new applicant, take into account the energy use as well as the purchase price and the product features.
- Look into whether there are any rebates available.
- The position of the appliance may affect how much energy is being used. For example, if your fridge is next to your oven, it'll have to work harder to maintain it's cold temperature.
- Read through the manufacturer's instructions to learn how to maintain your appliance and keep it in good working order.
- Switch your appliances off at the wall when you aren't using them. Most computers and home entertainment equipment have a standby mode so that you can turn them on quickly. However, standby mode can use a lot of energy so it's best to switch them off at the wall when you're not using them.
If you require installation or maintenance of appliances, contact Michael on 0433 363 675.