Pendant lighting has become a very popular trend these days and appear in many magazines as stand-out pieces. Here are some tips on hanging pendant lights:
- When hanging pendant lights over a dining table, you should allow around 70-80cm so that's enough room underneath without the lighting quality being sacrificed.
- Installing a dimmer switch allows you to switch to softer lighting when dining and brighter lighting when required.
- If you have a long dining table, consider having multiple pendant lights installed.
- Hallways can often look quite empty and dull. Pendant lights are a great way to add a nice design feature.
- Consider using pendant lights instead of bedside lamps. They look great hanging over bedside tables, are cord-free and add beautiful ambient lighting to your bedroom.
- Pendant lights are also great in the bathroom. If they don't provide enough light, you could always install downlights.
With any pendant light installations, you'll need to take into consideration any windows and doors that open into the space so as to ensure adequate clearance height.
For all your lighting installation needs and for any other electrical jobs, contact your local Nowra Electrician Michael on 0433 363 675.